Light Studies Hogeschool van Amsterdam
A masterclass in controlling addressable leds.
The masterclass is designed for:
- Light art installation enthusiast
- Visual & conceptual artists
- No technical background required, we will start with the basics
What are we going to do?
We are going to create light works. These could be art, design, answer to a problem or personal interests.
- A hands-on workshop
- What makes light so great and interesting?
- What are the possibilities?
- Introduction to Arduino open source hardware
- What is a sensor and how to use them
- Blinking your first leds with open source technologies
- Some basic programming
- Create ideas and perform a full design cycle, from idea to prototype
- Showing / exhibiting your prototype
- Give and receive feedback form the other participants
Why is this useful for you?
- After this workshop you can use leds and light in your future projects
- Know what an Arduino / compatible device is
- You will have a broader scope of the possibilities
If you are in the position to bring those tools, they might be handy:
- Arduino, if you are new to this, you might want to consider buying an Arduino Uno https://store.arduino.cc/genuino-uno-rev3
- paper and marker / pencil
- usb cable
- soldering iron / tin
- wire cutters
- wire stripper
Any other tools, materials to create a light art installation prototype are welcome, bring whatever you think is needed!